Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The Big 5-0

The greatest daddy in the whole wide world
turned 50 on Sunday For those of you trying to do the math,
yes that makes him a young dad.
We are 20 years apart (I'll be 30 in January)
Last month we gave him his big present
a shiny new smoker to make us yummy food in.
For the big day we met him for breakfast
and then
took him for a surprise dinner a
Texas De Brazil.
All you can eat meat on a sword..
Sign me up!
It was beyond delish!!!

(Buddy even sat in a high chair)

Chuck got to hang out with uncle robbie.
Bub loves this baby waaaaaay much
i don't think he had any idea how much he would love him
it's sweet
One of the things that really surprised me about being a mom
was how much i would love watching my
parents love my baby.
My dad loves Jack in a way that is out of this world.
he says that every morning is like Christmas for him
when he gets Jack out of my car.

Thankful is not a good enough word to explain

how i feel about my dad.

Grateful.. still not enough...

Blessed.. yes

Loved... without a doubt

Cherished... everyday of my life

Daddy's Girl... still am

My dad shaped my soul with his kisses

Protected my heart with his unconditional love

I never had to be the pretty girl with daddy issue.

I knew, know and will always know that my dad loves me

i love that jack gets to know that too.

that his sweet face and toes get PopPop kisses everyday

that that they will take Grampa, Daddy and Jack fishing trips, roll in the mud,

and do boys things together.

Dad..

A son's first hero

a

daughter's first love

Happy Birthday Daddy!!!!


This is a video from dinner

a little dark... sorry


2 comments:

Jackie Perez said...

stop making me cry!!!! Happy Birthday Scott!

Mrs. Jackson said...

Phoo Phoo, you have me in tears for I feel the same for my papa who will turn 74 on Saturday! and you nailed it on the head with "i never knew how much I would love watching my parents love my baby" it is amazing, life altering and heart swelling. Knowing now, as a mom, the love your parents had for you as it is a love you cannot feel without the knowledge of your own love for Jack (or mine for Sweet Willers).

LOVE YOU LOVE.
What are you doing next week? If I get there on Tuesday, I want some you.