Friday, July 10, 2009

Happy Birthday Baby Jack

So anywho... I wanted to write out exactly how everything went down the day Jack was born, but it would be way long. So... I am just going to highlight some points and go into greater detail some other day.

I was admitted to the hospital around 1 pm on Wednesday the 22nd. I thought I was just going in to have my blood pressure monitored for awhile (i woke up with a raging migraine at 2am) and then my dad was gonna take me for a blizzard! :) Sammy went back to work after stopping home for lunch that day and as soon as he walked in my boss, Laura, told him he needed to be with me at the hospital, so went home and changed and met us there. Sammy and my dad went down to get a coffee, no sooner had they hit the elevator doors, when the nurse walked in the room and asked if we were going to have a boy or a girl today??!!!! Um well i was planning on having a heath blizzard but i guess we are having a boy!
I picked up my cell phone and called Vicki (my mil not my mom) and immediately hung up because i figured i should probably tell my husband 1st. (him and dad came rushing back up) I then called Vik and told her that she needed to hop on a plane ASAP, funny, considering she had just left Tuesday morning. Dad called mom and Auntie Colleen and told then to hurry up with the souvenir shopping.


I was moved to my room and given the pitocin at 3pm. Contractions weren't too bad till about 9ish, then i asked for my epidural but Rebecca wanted to make sure i was in "thriving pain!!!!!" she stopped by at 9:30 and gave the green light for my epidural. i proposed to the anesthesiologist. Can i just say it is the most a-ma-zing thing ever!!!



That's me tip-toeing around the contractions. That's hot.

Grandma LePore (Vicki) landed in Vegas right about 8:30. Whitters (Whitney Sam's sister) went and picked her up, then chickened out of watching the actual birth by taking Auntie Colleen home!! (Just kidding Whit)

Courtney (my best friend from high school) fed her kiddies and came over to the hospital too. Which is so sweet because i was there with her when she had Christian (her 1st). Grandpa Joe (Sam's dad) came over too.

Around 12 midnight a nurse came in and said "You do know that the main goal of tonight is to have a healthy baby, it doesn't matter which hole it comes out of right?" WHAT????

It turned out that while i was laying on my left side Jack's heart beat would drop with every contraction. The nurse said that if i wasn't already so far along that i would be having an emergency C-Section. From that point on i had to lay on my right side and every little heart beat was being watched on the monitor.

I started pushing 12:30. My nurse was awesome and let me go at my own pace. Sammy, Courtney, My mom, and Vik were right there beside me. I could not have done it without Courtney's amazing ability to count to ten. (for real her and sam were my birth coaches.) Sam mom took lots of pictures and my mom danced around in excitement. My dad and Joe were even in the room (but over on the couch away from the live action).

Rebecca got there at 3:15, she only had me push about 3 more times and then had me stop and i could see her tapping on the top of his head and watching the monitor at the time, she had me give one more push and out he came. perfect as perfect could be. His heartbeat had stopped at one point and after he was born Rebecca showed me the umbilical cord that Jack had tied into a perfect square knot. (God knew my baby was ready to come out and He protected him!)

My brother got there about 5 minutes after Jack was born (in his full firefighter gear). There was not a dry eye in the room. Even my doctor was crying.

There has never been a more wanted or prayed for baby in the whole wide world, God knit this little man together in womb, and i am forever thankful. I am a very very blessed little lady.