Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Welcome to Earth Third Rock from the Sun

Well a few of you have been asking me to get a blog so you can keep up with the fast paced life of a baby. So...here I am.

My sweet little man was born on April 23, 2009 at 3:33am. He wasn't due until May 15th, but he was more than ready to meet the world, weighing in at 6lbs 9oz 19 1/2 inches long.






How Jack came to be: (no not the actual how he came to be just a few days before his arrival)

The Friday before he was born I went to Dr. Rebecca (my OBGYN) for my weekly check up and she said that my blood pressure was way too high and that I needed to go straight to the hospital. She further informed me that I would: A. Be having a baby today or B. I would be on complete bed rest until I did have a baby. I informed Rebecca that my baby shower was on Sunday. She then informed me that she was fully aware that my shower was on Sunday (since she was invited) and that my pregnant little tushy was going to the hospital.

So of course in tears (cause that's what pregnant ladies do is cry) I called Sammy and told him we were off to the hospital. I also called work and let them know I am not be coming back for awhile.

I came home to Sam and Joe (our neighbor) frantically trying to pack my hospital bag. Short end of this story. We went to the hospital, they got my blood pressure to come down and sent me home on complete bed rest. Thank goodness cause the pj's Sam backed didn't even fit me at Christmas when I was 5 months pregnant and they did have snow flakes on them. Sweet husband it's spring.

So along came the shower on Sunday (it was beyond amazing! I will post on that later).

The following Tuesday I had another Dr. appt. and I was hoping to be able to go back to work the next day. Bed rest did not suit me well. Rebecca was having a hard time deciding if she wanted to induce me that day or wait until the following Friday. There was no way this baby was waiting 4 more weeks. She sent me home to lay on the couch, feet up doing nothing...dun dun dun

No comments: